THE TURPENTINE DIARIES
The Turpentine Diaries is a collection of short stories and images of paintings written and painted by Marc Whitney. Marc writes of artists and ideas, teachers and trees, and people and paintings to evoke a portrait of an artist’s life. He starts with his youth in the 1960’s Laguna Beach art scene and takes you on his life’s journey. Interspersed is wisdom from old long-gone artists, and essays about things Marc figured out along the way. These are stories from the life of a working artist all told with Twain-like tongue-in-cheek humor.
WHAT PEOPLE ARE SAYING
“Absolutely beautiful! … It taught me so much. It’s so informative and also poetry. I will paint differently after reading this.”
“I’m so happy I stopped scrolling and took the time to read this great art lesson.”
“Thank you! I needed to hear that today! I will re-read this many times.”
“Game changer! Thanks for taking the time to share those wise words.”
“Thank you so very much for this beautiful story.”
“Wow, I couldn’t stop reading, pulled me into its spell, and mesmerized me til the end!”
“I am absolutely enthralled by everything you write.”
“We can all learn from your wonderful stories.”
“Esas historias dejan huellas en el corazon.”
(These stories leave fooprints in the heart.)
- This is a book presale to help the author gauge the size of the print run and keep printing costs low.
- This will be a limited first edition printing with all books numbered and signed as a reward for presale purchasers.
- Volume of presales will determine the size of the first edition print run.
- Book numbers will follow the sequence of book orders.
- Manuscript has been written, edited, and is being submitted to the book designer.
- Book launch is scheduled for Fall 2022.
- These are difficult times for printers because of paper shortages which could slow things down.
- Details such as cover design, number of pages, number of reproduced paintings are subject to change as the book goes through the formatting and the design process.
(Sent via USPS to the U.S. or international destinations. If you select Media Mail it will take longer to reach you than it would by Priority Mail.)